«»dance for the camera», «video dance», «cine dance», «screendance», – may seem somewhat interchangeable, they are, in actuality, quite specific. Each term speaks to a particular combination of performance and materiality, and each sites the dual properties of their hybridized identities in an order that signifies the relative importance of the parts.»
(Douglas Rosenberg, Screendance)
Movement is the essential ingredient of how the world continues, or survives.
It is a universal language which lies subconsciously imprinted in our DNA, breaking all artificial verbal language barriers. When you hear a rhythm, you move. When you are unable to use words to communicate, you use your body.
When our body´s movement fuses with the cinematographical, one of the most original film genres is born: dance film. While words can mislead, the body language does not lie.
Choreoscope is the Dance Film Festival of Barcelona. Dedicated not only to those passionate about dance, but also to those who enjoy quality cinema. Movies do not know any boundaries. Dance does not either. There is a common language joining them: the universal language of movement.
Choreoscope Barcelona Dance Film Festival for those who continue, move, evolve.
- To encourage the development, research, promotion and dissemination of dance, body movement, film (motion and cinematic narrative), non-verbal language and the resulting synergies.
- To contribute in promoting artists and connect their work (dancefilms) with an international audience
- To revitalize the participation and involvement of an eclectic audience, not just a dance loving one, but also a film loving one, eager to discover new, different cinematographic narrative, approaching culture thru an attractive proposal.
- To embolden young professionals (both audiovisual and dancers) based in Barcelona, but also Catalonia and Spain, to carry out new and innovative projects around the dance film
- To establish Barcelona as a capital of dance films and moving pictures of the Mediterranean, placing the city within the panorama of the best specialized festivals worldwide.
- To contribute to the academic research of the body movement and audiovisual (cinematographic) movement.
- To contribute in the debate regarding the importance of dance, movement and non-verbal language in the educational process (sadly worldwidely neglected in today´s educational system)
«You can move mountains if you can get people who work together to realise an idea, even if they are very different in character, temperament and age, to form something like a family, driven by a common passion.»
(Andrei Tarkovski, Sculpting in Time)
Project Manager. Institutional Relations
Social Media Management
Coordination Danza y Movimiento
Administration and Finance
Post-production – Trailer
Production Assistant – Event